Wroclaw University of Health and Sport Sciences
Please wait
No results found
Minumum of 3 characters
Please wait
No results found
Minumum of 3 characters

Residency in Poland – registration of stay

Registration of stay of EU citizens

The EU students who want to stay longer than 3 months in Poland, need to register their stay in Dolnośląski Urząd Wojewódzki (Lower Silesian Governor’s Office). The application for a residence permit must be submitted in person, not later than the next working day after expiry of 3 months’ period from the date of the foreigner's entry to the Republic of Poland. If you live in a dormitory, please apply for the residence permit within 1 month time.

DOCUMENTS REQUIRED for registration of an EU citizen's stay in Poland:

  • Application for registering the residence of an EU citizen (completed in Polish)
  • a photocopy of a valid travel document or other document confirming the foreigner's identity and citizenship,
  • a document confirming that a foreigner has a medical insurance or is entitled to take advantage of health care services,
  • a photocopy of a document confirming that the applying person has financial resources which are sufficient to provide for himself/herself and his/her family members in Poland without benefitting from social assistance, for example a credit card; a document confirming resources on a bank account or in other financial institution, affixed with a signature and a stamp of an authorized employee of the bank or financial institution (must not be issued earlier than one month before submitting the application for a stay registration); or other evidence,
  • a photocopy of a document confirming that a foreigner has performed his/her duty to report his/her place of residence,
  • confirmation from a state owned or private academic school confirming admission to a college or referral to a vocational training course,
  • written declaration that the person has sufficient financial resources to provide for himself/herself and his/her family members, without the necessity to avail of social assistance services, or a certificate confirming that the person has such financial resources.


Dolnośląski Urząd Wojewódzki
Wydział Spraw Obywatelskich i Cudzoziemców
Obsługa Spraw Obywateli Unii Europejskiej

Phones and working hours, as well as more detailed information, are available at website https://www.duw.pl/pl/obsluga-klienta/cudzoziemcy and https://www.duw.pl/pl/wersje-jezkowe/english-version


When submitting his/her application a foreigner is obliged to present to the desk officer originals of respective documents for verification of their conformity with the photocopies. Photocopies of documents submitted without presenting their originals can be accepted only after their previous notification (by a notary, barrister or a licensed legal adviser). All the documents issued in foreign languages and used as evidence in the procedure attached to application forms should be submitted jointly with their translation into Polish done by a sworn translator.

Temporary Residence Permit Card

Students who's visa validity is coming to an end should apply for a Temporary Residence Permit Card.

For the temporary Residence Permit Card you have to apply in
Urząd Wojewódzki
Powstańców Warszawy 1
50-951 Wrocław.

More information can be found at website https://www.duw.pl/pl/obsluga-klienta/cudzoziemcy and https://www.duw.pl/pl/wersje-jezkowe/english-version