1. ORIENTATION WEEK
Each Erasmus Incoming student arrives to AWF Wroclaw a week before the official start of semester for the Orientation Days which include:
- Registration at the Intermational Office
- University Campus trip
- Banks, Post Office, payments – training
- Registration at the Health Clinic
- Creating your studies Schedule
- Getting to know the city (transport, money, shopping, entertainment, sightseeing)
- Survival Polish – short (and funny) language training
- Getting photo to your Students ID Card
- Erasmus documentation training
2. HOW TO GET TO WROCŁAW and STUDENT HOSTEL
If you are not flying directly to Wrocław: From Warsaw / Poznań / Kraków / Katowice Airports you need to get to a Main Railway Station (each Polish city has one) and take a train to WROCłAW GŁÓWNY (Main Wroclaw).
If you are flying directly to Wrocław: the Mikołaj Kopernik airport is located about 12 km from the city centre. This is a local airport servicing connections to Warsaw, Paris, Cologne, Frankfurt, Copenhagen, London, Dublin, Oslo and many more.
Either from Wrocław Airport or from Wrocław Główny (Main Railway Station) take a taxi to the Student Hostel SPARTAKUS. Taxi rink is located both in front and at the back of the Railway station and in front of the airport. The route to the dormitory should take about 30-40 minutes (depending on traffic) and the fee should be about 70 PLN (16 Euro) from the airport and about 50 PLN (11 Euro) from the Main Railway station. Please have some Polish Zloty ready, for you can pay for the taxi only in our national currency. Student Hostel SPARTAKUS address: 98 Mickiewicza Street. If you are coming directly to AWF International Office – ask the taxi driver to take you to: 11 Banacha street (Rektorat building).
3. STUDENT ID CARD
Every AWF student receives electronic Student ID Card – Legitymacja Studencka. It’s an obligatory document containing student’s name, passport photo, passport number and current address when studying here in Wrocław. The cost of issuing Student ID is 17 PLN and the payment is settled prior to receiving the document. Each student individually picks up his ready ID Card ( Legitymacja Studencka) from the dean’s office (Dziekant): ul. Mickiewicza 98 / DS Spartakus Building open from 10 am to 1 pm.
Student ID Card is necessary to:
- get a 50% discount in Public Transport
- get access to most facilities at AWF campus (especially exercise rooms, multifunctional hall, swimming pool, tennis hall, etc.)
- use the University Library
- take advantage of student discounts offered in many city cultural and entertainment facilities.
4. BEGINNING OF CLASSES
Regular classes start with so called “First Meeting”. Students are informed about the exact date, time and place of the First Meetings for each subject after their arrival to AWF (all information is available in the International Office). Each Erasmus student may turn up at every First Meeting even if he or she did not select the given subject in the Learning Agreement. Students are more than welcome to sign up for more classes, provided that they mark the change on the second page of the Learning Agreement document.
At the First meeting students:
- get to know the teacher
- sign up at the register list
- are informed about days and hours of the classes
- Please remember, the First Meeting is obligatory for every student! If the student misses the First Meeting he/she may not be accepted by the teacher to realise the course.
5. CHANGING YOUR LEARNING AGREEMENT
Changes to LA should be done within the first two weeks of your stay. If you want to change your Learning Agreement you should:
- Consult your Dean or Erasmus coordinator to get permission to change the study programme.
- Come to the First Meeting of the new subject you would like to add to your LA
- Fill in the SECOND PAGE of the LA document (remember to sign it!)
- Bring the SECOND PAGE to the International Office. The Faculty coordinator is responsible to stamp it and forward to your Home University.
Please remember: you have only 14 days to change your study programme.