The HR Excellence in Research logo is awarded by the European Commission to institutions, which by implementing the principles of the "European Charter for Researchers" and the "Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers", create a friendly work and development environment. Entities receiving the logo commit to creating favorable work conditions, career development and transparent recruitment process of the researchers.
European Charter for Researchers
- establishes general principles and requirements defining the roles, range of responsibilities and rights of researchers as well as their employers and / or funders.
Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers
- covers the general principles and requirements that the employers and / or funders should follow when appointing or recruiting researchers.
- More information on the Charter and the Code can be found at: https://cdn5.euraxess.org/
The principles of the Charter and the Code are implemented on a voluntary basis, that is the institutions that want to implement the principles of these documents may at any moment join the process and seek to obtain the European "HR Excellence in Research" distinction.
The University of Health and Sport Sciences in Wrocław, declaring support for the principles contained in the Charter and the Code, and thus joining the "HR Excellence in Research" logo, undertakes to conduct an internal analysis to assess to what extent its functioning is consistent with the Charter and the Code and the preparation of the HR Strategy and Action Plan, defining the implementation of European standards regarding the working conditions of researchers.
The goal of obtaining the HR logo:
- creating a friendly scientific work environment,
- providing researchers with stable working conditions and professional development,
- development of transparent recruitment rules,
- increasing the attractiveness of a scientific career, the quality of research and education, and the competitiveness of the University.
Obtaining the HR Logo is a distinction for the University. It enables promotion among international organizations and scientists as well as provides bonuses for the University in international grant competitions (including the European Commission in the EU HORIZON 2020 Framework Program), as well as bonuses in national grant competitions of NCN and NCBiR and science funding programs from the Ministry of Science and Higher Education.
It is also an increase in the attractiveness of employment for employees.
More about "The Human Resources Strategy for Researchers" can be found at: www.euraxess.ec.europa.eu/
By entering the procedure of obtaining the HR Excellence in Research logo, the University School of Physical Education in Wrocław undertakes to:
- prepare the HR Strategy and Action Plan,
- conduct an internal analysis in order to assess to what extent the functioning of the University is consistent with the Charter and the Code.
- conduct a diagnosis of the current situation (the so-called "gaps") and determine activities that will adapt the regulations and functioning of the University to the recommendations contained in the Charter and the Code.
Stages of implementation
In order to obtain the "Human Resources Excellence in Research" logo by the University, the Rector Andrzej Rokita, Associate professor, appointed a Team by Regulation No. 27/2017 on 16/05/2017 (including the amendment by Rector's Regulation No. 66/2017 of 4 October 2017) for the implementation of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers at the University of Physical Education in Wrocław.
Team task schedule
- Analysis of the guidelines contained in the Charter and the Code (carried out in June-July 2017).
- Comparison of guidelines contained in the Charter and the Code with the national legal acts and internal documents at the University School (carried out in July-October 2017)
- Information campaign (carried out in September-October 2017)
- Conducting a survey for obtaining opinions on the working conditions and professional development of researchers (conducted in October 2017)
- Verification and analysis of discrepancies, elaboration of the action plan (carried out between November and December 2017)
- Development of the HR Strategy (developed in January-March 2018)
In the period from May 2017 to March 2018, 11 meetings of team members or work groups took place. On 27/03/2018, the Coordinator for the Implementation presented to the Assembly of Rectors the documents developed for the University of Health and Sport Sciences in Wrocław – the HR Strategy and Action Plan. The documents were signed on 11.07.2018 by the Rector of the University of Health and Sport Sciences in Wrocław.
Plenipotentiary for the European Charter for Researchers
dr hab. Jarosław Fugiel
phone: 0048 71 3473361; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org